Friday, July 23, 2010

The end of the semester

So we're almost at the end of the semester! I think taking LIS 2000 and LIS 2600 together is a good pairing. I've gotten a good computer technology and web design base with 2600 along with the content and overview of the library profession as well as the Web 2.0 environment with 2000.

Both classes have sparked an interest in me in lots of subjects...the 'Googilization' of information, social bookmarking, "participatory culture" as seen at sites like Wikipedia, and other ways in which libraries can incorporate Web 2.0 culture into their institutions to help take them into the future.

Many of the books Dr. Tomer has mentioned throughout the semester I'm planning on reading during the remainder of summer. I really enjoyed the readings we had for LIS 2000, so I'm hoping these other titles will be as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment