Friday, June 11, 2010

Questions to ponder

Very good lectures this week for LIS 2000 and 2600. I always really enjoy them! I end up taking many informal polls among my friends and family based on much of what has been discussed...such as what news source do you trust? What do you think about the iPad/Kindle? What are the things you first think of when you think of library/librarian? Do you prefer eBooks to traditional print books?

After writing the essay for LIS 2000, I honestly will be recommending "Everything is Miscellaneous" to some friends. I thought that book was great, really thought provoking. I think much of what David Weinberger says in that book holds true.

While going through many of our readings, I keep coming across many other, related books and articles that look so interesting, but I just do not have the time now to read it all! I'm thinking after this semester ends and before the fall semester begins, I'll have to try to squeeze in these readings as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment